2.7K spins were made, $7.59 were lost in Dead or Alive. I invested like $243 into this 5 reel, 9 payline video slot by Netent and got $235.41 back. I played about 8 free bonus rounds, 12 spins each. Wins from the free spinning come with 2x Multiplier. The best combo I got was 1 “Della” wild symbol + 3 Shots of Whiskey that paid me $9. That’s not all, check Dead or Alive slot review for more.
On this page you will find:
Dead or Alive Streams Review
To begin with, I hang out with online casino streamers who play popular casino slots live on their Twitch channels. And XX XXX wins happen to appear during the time almost every day. I’ve always been skeptical about wins of Roshtein, CasinoDaddy stream hosts, because my results weren’t as good.
So, I’ll tell you my story. I betted only with a coin size of a penny for a total bet of $0.09. Below I share the outcome of 3 different sessions in DoA that I recently had.
100 SPINS Run #1
First time, neither 12 free spins, nor big wins appeared during DoA’s regular spins which was kinda boring to look at. I ended the session.
100 SPINS Run #2
I gave it another chance. This time I had a winning session. My start cash was $94.64. In 30 spins, I was down nearly $87. I almost gave up on the video slot, when suddenly I got 3 scatters and made up during the spins. I won about $4.64 in the triggering spins. And since I also won 12 free spins more, I wound up winning $3 more.
700 SPINS Run
Here my account balance took a big-big hit. I was down from $89.28 to $20.67. Can you imagine my disappointment?
Where to Play DoA
For me, the best casino is Spin, however, you can visit any of online casinos and register a real account. Using the welcome bonus they give to new players, you can play Dead or Alive slot quite some time, for free. Pay attention that wagering requirements apply to all bonuses.
Slot Machine Details
|Top Win:||2,500x a bet (for 5 Guns, scatters)|
|Average Return to Player:||96.82%|
|Free Spins:||Up to 17|
|Bonus Features:||12 Free Spins with 2x Multiplier, Sticky Wilds, Extra 5 Free Spins|
How to Play Dead or Alive Slot for Real Money
Now let’s check the limits. During the base game, the max win possible is 6,000X a bet, diring free spins – 12,000x a bet (as all wins are doubled). For the record, barely alive, that what I ended up playing the slot for real money. It’s a do-or-die machine. Still, Dead or Alive 1 is something that people come back to after all those years. So, let’s get started.
Bet Limits & Jackpots Levels
The slot game has already eaten $243 and still neither 5 wilds nor 5 scatter symbols landed. Think twice before hitting the max, I wouldn’t put $18 per spin (max bet) here. However, I like that here you can go as low as $0.09.
Unusual, but scatters not wilds pay the best in the slot game, 2,500X a bet for having 5 Guns at a spin actually. And the good thing is that 2x scatters also pay money, 2 coins, to be exact. Nothing special, but it’s ok. In other cases, you’ll need to collect at least 3 symbols to be paid.
Most people don’t care about slot symbols and how much they pay when they start their play. Still, I’d like to draw your attention to the wild symbls and scatter symbol traditional to all online slots including Dead or Alive.
- Wild – “Wanted” poster that takes place of any symbol except for the Guns (scatters). 3-5 wild symbols across a pay line allow winning 25, 150, and 1,500x your bet level. Never seen that during my play (5 reels wild). Anyway they kinda helps make new win combos or add to existing ones. During the bonus round the symbols can become sticky. I’ll explain it further.
- Scatter – Guns symbol, a pair of crossed pistols, well, it’s the highest paying symbol. The good thing is that having 3 or more scatters anywhere (not only starting with reel 1) help trigger the free spins, where you can win like a lot or nothing.
Dead or Alive Bonus Game
If you’re a skilled player, you already know what high volatile slots like DoA are. And you gamble responsibly. Otherwise, learn from my experience. I had about 7 different sessions in DoA. Some went with no bonus rounds at all. For 2.7K spins I made, I’ve had played 8 bonuses total. 108 Free got vs 2700 Spins made.
Oftentimes, the first 2 scatters fall down, but the all-important 3rd one didn’t land, let alone getting 5, even 4, scatters. And you sort of gain big or lose large here.
12 Free Spins at 2X Multiplier
The best I’ve got during the time was $9 and $1, 11.1X the bet ($0.09). Not bad, but if you ask if it was worth all the money I put into it that day. No, it was not. Below there’s the information with what frequency I got the bonus during different runs. For your record, there’s a potential for getting 29 Fee Spins during a single round. However, for 12 spins, I caught neither 3+ scatters to re-trigger Free Spins nor made a wildline to get at least additional 5.
- 100 Spins Run: 0-2 Bonus Rounds
- 700 Spins Run: 4 Bonus Rounds max
If Wanted characters (5 wilds: Apache the Kid, Bell Star, Billy the Kid, Della Rose, and Jesse James) show up during the free spins feature, they become sticky, which means they stay in place till the bonus round end. The real fun starts when you have all 5 sticky wilds. All record wins by streamers were made during the additional 5 free spins. So, it’s a dream come true to get them all.
+5 Extra Free Spins
Never had that (for 2700 spins!!!) Never though I wouldn’t collect 5 wilds (“Wanted” symbols) or get 5 extra free spins. All the time I got like 2, 3 or 4 sticky wilds. By the way, 4 sticky wild symbols didn’t bring me a huge payout. As far as I remember, it was always around $1 or something.
Dead or Alive Design Overview
The Wild West inspired slot looks really basic, it has only 9 paylines and 5 reels. Overall it doesn’t look like anything special.
Unless you have a large bankroll I would not recommend playing high variance slots like this… To say the least, every second run was losing, so boring. The best of DoA is the sticky wild feature. For sure, if I got the full line of those wilds + 5 more spins, I’d feel better about it. But it didn’t happen, but I saw some good wins made by other players.
- A streamer from BigWinJoker got like £41,233 during the DoA bonus round.
- A guy from CasinoDaddy reported the win of 49,412 coins.
Having played the DoA sequel, I’d rather go for Dead or Alive 2 slot, where hitting 3 scatters happened to be more frequently. And you now have an option between 3 free spins features.
- What is an RTP on Dead or Alive online slot by Netent?
- 96.82% – the official RTP. From my real money experience, I can confirm it. Based on 2,700 spins at Dead or Alive slot, I’ve got exactly 96.87% of money back.
- Where can I play free DoA?
- Check it with reviewing sites with embedded Dead or Alive free mode. Or simply sign up at a casino using Free Spins bonuses listed in my Dead or Alive slot review. You’ll be playing Dead or Alive with true money but for free.
- Can I go mobile with DoA online slot?
- Yes. Just ensure you have a stable Internet connection. If it was glitching and freezing on my computer (real money play!!!), I dread to think how it would be on the phone.